Careers at Zone Defense
Zone Defense is expanding and are looking for good people to join our team!
What do our team members say about working at Zone Defense?
- “Amazing team dynamic”
- “Great tools that help me work remotely but still feel like I’m in the office with everyone”
- “I’m proud of the products we manufacture and our support team goes above and beyond”
- “The integrity of the company truly starts from the top down”
- “We’re not just co-workers, we’re friends”
Zone Defense is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
Accounting Assistant - St. Petersburg, FL, USA
Billing Clerk - Red Deer, AB, Canada
Regional Sales Representative - USA
OPEN POSITION: ACCOUNTING ASSISANT - St. PETERSBURG, FL
Zone Defense is now accepting applications for an Accounting Assistant at our St. Petersburg, FL office to join our growing team. Your role will include assisting the controller with the preparation of timely and accurate financial information.
- Assist with accounting and preparation of timely and accurate financial information.
- Process invoices, customer payments, expense reports and other business transactions.
- Prepare product costing, match documents and obtain authorizations.
- Analyze, code and record freight bills on international shipments.
- Work with customers, vendors and sales and marketing professionals to retrieve, process and update financial information.
- Reconcile accounts and resolve discrepancies.
- 1 – 2 years experience in accounting or coursework in accounting.
- Ability to learn new systems, processes and procedures and retain information.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good hand-writing and solid written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word and Excel. Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, positive and ability to prioritize.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to info@ZDFleet.com. Please type “Accounting Assistant” in the subject line.
OPEN POSITION: BILLING CLERK - RED DEER, CANADA
Zone Defense is looking for a Billing Clerk to in our Red Deer office to join our growing team. Your role will include working with QuickBooks to create and issue invoices, credit memos, and monthly customer statements; answer phones and customer billing questions; work with upper management to report on activities and schedule meetings; and other office duties as needed.
You must be accurate and reliable in handling accounts and documents. Great math skills and organization ability are essential.
- Collect all information needed to calculate bills receivable (order amounts, itemized product prices, shipping rates, etc.)
- Issue invoices and bills to customers through various channels include mail and email
- Issue customer account statements
- Manage account balances to discover outstanding debts or other inconsistencies
- Receive payments through various methods (credit card, cash, check, bank check, and others)
- Send reminders for payments and contact customers as needed
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information, etc.
- Answer questions and handle complaints from customers regarding invoices
- Answer main line calls, set appointments, and assist with keeping office organized and effective
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Experience in general accounting or as a billing clerk
- Proficient is MS Office (Word, Excel, and Office)
- Excellent math ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- High school diploma requires; further education and/or certifications a plus
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to info@ZDFleet.com. Please type “Billing Clerk” in the subject line.
OPEN POSITION: REGIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE – UNITED STATES
- Selling Zone Defense products and services to new and existing customers.
- Growing the customer base in the respective territory through leads generated from a variety of sources including: trade shows, customer referrals, personal efforts.
- Strategic territory management is required to grow sales revenue, increase market share and convert competitor installations.
- This is a high travel position.
- Average eight (4) on site product demonstrations per week
- Work directly with Inside Sales agents to:
- Generate proposals and sales forecasts
- Identify opportunities and close deals
- Enter and track entire sales process in CRM from lead to order
- Provide market feedback and input into product development
- Convert leads to sales opportunities via telephone and email
- Develop relationship with tech support to investigate up-sell opportunities
- Exceed sales revenue targets of per monthly and annual budget
- Managing a multi-state territory
- Grow target opportunities to generate growth for new & existing products
- Utilize channel partners to effectively mine territory
- Assist at exhibitions and other marketing events
- Three years outside direct sales experience
- An employment history with tenure at prior employers greater than two years
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Fleet / trucking safety equipment experience is preferred
- Experience selling hardware and software products is a plus
- CRM experience is a strong plus
- Experience in video (and/or photography, cameras and Lenses) a plus but not required
- Experience in conducting technical presentations in front of mid-size to large-size audiences (at Customer Sites) a plus
- Ability to think on your feet and respond to customer questions and objections
Apply for this position by emailing your resume and cover letter to info@ZDFleet.com. Please type United States Regional Sales Rep in the subject line.
If you are not completely comfortable with the minimum travel requirements outlined above, please do not apply for this position.