- Zone Defense opened our headquaters in St. Petersburg, Florida in 2008. Since our inception, we have expanded to include offices in Canada and China.
- Designed the industry’s first rubberized coating for in-cab monitors to withstand the harsh environments and conditions of our customer’s fleet.
- Introduced our integrated objected detection sensor system to provide drivers with both an audible alert and visual clarification when people or objects are in the driver’s blind spot.
- We introduced first responder dashboard cameras (ZoneDefender® Mark I) that are prominent on police cruisers, firetruck, paramedic, and ambulances today.
- Expanded our camera manufacturing to include heated and shutter camera’s.
- Designed, engineered, and manufactured a full line of mobile digital recording devices.
- Introduced the surround vision system, a complete touch screen monitor that allows the driver to view everything happening in the most dangerous blind spots around the vehicle.
- Moved into our new 17,000 square foot building
- Introduced the Chrome Camera series, finishing our most popular camera’s in high gloss real chrome finish
- Introduced the small bullet camera
- Introduced OEM brake light camera
- Introduced license plate camera
- We introduced our Asset Management Trackers for vehicles as well as for non-powered assets such as shipping containers, trailers, large tool boxes, or any non-powered asset you need to manage.
- Introduced armored cables that were built to withstand the elements and damage from rodents and other animals.
- Certified vision products to be FMVS 111 compliant.
- Introduced the Rugged Series family of accident avoidance vision tools that are completely weatherproof and tout a 12G rating.
- Developed the RideCam dashboard camera with advanced driver assistance support. This system provides real-time driver coaching to notify drivers when they are performing dangerous behaviors such as speeding, running stop signs, harsh braking/acceleration, and following too closely as well as virtual panic button to request assistance or bookmark and record a non-triggered event.
Zone Defense Today
Zone Defense, LLC has been an industry leader in the development, engineering, and manufacturing of advanced vision systems for the automotive and fleet industries for over 15 years. Our dedication to building cutting edge vision technology has resulted in a complete toolbox of advanced fleet vision tools.
As a manufacturer, Zone Defense, provides quality products at research and development turn-around times that are twice as fast as the industry standard. We work closely with OEM truck builders, up-fitters and other fleet safety and technology service providers to ensure a seamless integration of each component.
Our family of fleet vision technology products include:
- A robust line of vehicle cameras and monitors that support a single reverse camera, multi-camera configurations, and 360 degree around-view vision systems. All camera and monitors we manufacture are completely interchangeable, allowing customers to expand their vision systems easily and at any price range. We offer multiple camera designs and viewing angles to meet specific vehicle type needs. Our monitors come standard with turn signal and reverse mode switching, eliminating the need to install extra switch boxes.
- Dash Cameras and Event Mobile Digital Recording systems that provide the flexibility to determine what events are recorded, how they are delivered, and where they are delivered. These systems also provided functionality above and beyond typical MDVR systems including self-monitoring system health checks, driver inspection reporting, motion trigger capability, and driver bookmark capability to allow the driver to note an event that is not automatically triggered.
- Video on-demand services allow customers to watch their drivers in real-time with Zone Defense Cloud Services.
- Advanced Driver Assistant Systems (ADAS) and real-time driver coaching tools that alert drivers to dangerous behaviors as they are happening. These alerts include: driving above posted speed limit, stop sign infractions, school zone speed breaches, incorrect lane change maneuvers, and more.
- Asset management tracking devices are available for vehicles, trailers, shipping containers, and even items as small as a tool box. These devices allow you to monitor your device from any computer with internet access, smartphone, or tablet. In addition, users can define when to send alerts including low battery, geofence, motion sensing, tampering, or integrate with other external sensors.
- An array of specifically engineered cables and connections that allow Zone Defense products to integrate with other cameras, monitors, telematic service providers, and much more.
Zone Defense systems are installed on thousands of fleets ranging from first responder, waste, busses, delivery, transport, rail and construction vehicles to name a few.
Our systems are sold through certified resellers, up-fitters, and OEM’s at both the truck builder level and through various technology partners including the most well-known telematic service providers. Please contact our Fleet Safety Experts to receive a quote or to discuss which systems would best fit your fleet safety needs.